12.9-inch vs 9.7-inch iPad Pro. Which is better?
There are two versions of iPad Pro, the larger 12.9-inch model and more traditional 9.7-inch model. I am using the 12.9-inch model, and I think it is a very good device, but many people will agree that the smaller version of iPad Pro might hold the better value for the money. Let's see if it is the case.
Don't get me wrong, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro is a very capable and great tablet, and it still outperforms its smaller brother in some of the areas. For example, it has slightly faster processor, while the bigger display obviously means more real estate. 12.9-inch iPad Pro is also the only iPad, which supports the fast charging using USB-C to Lightning cable.
At the same time, if you consider all the advantages of 9.7-inch model over the 12.9-inch model of iPad Pro, it is easy to see why many customers will prefer the smaller model of iPad Pro.
These are just some advantages of 9.7-inch iPad Pro:
- It has more colour options, great for rose gold fans
- It is cheaper, 128GB model costs less than 32GB model of 12.9-inch model
- It has 32GB cellular model, while 12.9-inch model do not offer that option
- It is thinner, lighter and more portable
- It is easy to hold with one hand
- It has a better display (Wide colour, True Tone display)
- It has much better rear camera
- Support for Live Photos
- True Tone flash
- Better autofocus
- Auto HDR
- Panoramas up to 63MP ( vs 43MP)
- 4K video camera (vs 1080p)
- 720p slo-mo with 240fps (vs 720p at 120fps)
- Cinematic video stabilisation and continuous autofocus
- It has 5MP FaceTime camera with a Retina Flash
- It supports more LTE bands
- It has an embedded Apple SIM
I must admit that even though I like my 12.9-inch iPad Pro, I wish Apple has released the 9.7-inch model of iPad Pro at the same time as 12.9-inch model. If it was the case, I would have probably decided to go with the smaller version.